How to Make:
- Place flour in a snap-lock bag. Season. Add beef. Seal bag. Shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned all over, adding extra oil to pan if needed. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add salami, onion, carrot and celery to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add garlic and rosemary. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in wine. Bring to the boil.
- Return beef to pan. Stir in sundried tomato, crushed tomatoes and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer for 40 minutes or until beef is tender and sauce is thick. Serve ragu with fettuccine and green beans, and top with oregano.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1kg beef chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g sliced pepperoni salami, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup sundried tomato strips, drained, chopped
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Massel beef stock
- Fettuccine, cooked, to serve
- Green beans, steamed, to serve
- Fresh oregano, to serve