How to Make:
- Place lamb in a large, disposable foil baking tray. Spread lamb with pesto. Place prosciutto, overlapping slightly, on lamb. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue plate on high with hood down. Reduce heat to medium. Cook lamb with hood closed, using indirect heat, for 2 hours for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove lamb. Cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, thread vegetables onto skewers. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook skewers on barbecue plate, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Carve lamb. Serve with skewers. You could use tomato pesto or olive tapenade instead of basil pesto.
Time for preparing:125 min. PT125M
- 2kg leg of lamb
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 250g button mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Lupi balsamic vinegar