How to Make:
- Place the beef in a large sealable plastic bag. Add the tamari, sugar, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Rub to coat. Place in the fridge for 4 hours to marinate.
- Blend the nashi and onion in a blender until smooth. Add the onion mixture and sesame oil to the beef mixture. Place in the fridge for a further 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate on high. Cook the beef for 2 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for 1 minute. Place the beef in lettuce leaves and top with the shallot and capsicum.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 800g beef sizzle steaks, halved crossways
- 60ml (1/4 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 60g (1/4 cup) white sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 nashi, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped red capsicum, to serve