How to Make:
- To make the minted couscous stuffing, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Add the capsicum, shallot, mint, lemon rind and egg to the couscous. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat a barbecue with a hood on high to 180°C. Place 1 lamb leg, skin-side down, on a clean work surface. Arrange half the stuffing along the centre. Fold in the sides of the lamb and roll up to enclose the filling. Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie the lamb at 2cm intervals. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining lamb and stuffing.
- Cook the lamb on the barbecue flat plate, turning, for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Transfer the lamb to a foil barbecue tray and add the water. Return to the flat plate. Close the barbecue and cook the lamb for 45 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the lamb to a serving platter and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Serve with tzatziki.
Time for preparing:55 min. PT55M
- 2 (about 1.2kg each) butterflied lamb legs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- Bought tzatziki, to serve Minted couscous stuffing
- 150g (3/4 cup) couscous
- 185ml (3/4 cup) boiling water
- 100g roasted capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
Lamb with mango couscous salad
Cauliflower and chickpea stuffed lamb leg
Prune and couscous stuffed roast pork with baby apples
Barbecued lamb with couscous
Marinated lamb backstraps with yoghurt and couscous
Lamb with couscous, date and pistachio stuffing
Roast lamb with couscous, date & pistachio stuffing
15-minute Moroccan lamb on couscous