How to Make:
- Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, spice mix, lemongrass, bay leaves and chicken stock. Bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until chicken changes colour. Turn chicken over. Add coconut cream. Season with pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove chicken from pan.
- Preheat a barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until golden and charred.
- Using a sharp knife, cut chillies into flowers. Place in iced water for 5 minutes or until curled. Place banana leaves on a platter. Top with chicken and chillies. Serve.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 8 (1.8kg) chicken thigh cutlets, skin intact
- 2 x 33g sachets goreng spice mix
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 270ml coconut cream
- Long red chillies, to serve