How to Make:
- Preheat barbecue on high with hood closed. Remove string from lamb. Unroll. Place on a board, fat-side down. Slice horizontally through thickest part of the lamb, without cutting all the way through. Open lamb out to form 1 large piece. Spread pesto over cut-side of lamb. Arrange capsicum over pesto in a single layer. Roll up to enclose. Secure with kitchen string at 2cm intervals. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place lamb in a large disposable foil baking tray. Arrange potatoes around lamb. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce temperature to medium. Cook lamb, with hood closed, using indirect heat (see note 2), for 40 minutes, for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from barbecue. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Cover lamb. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Drain. Refresh in a bowl of chilled water. Drain.
- Add peas, watercress, mint and feta to potatoes. Drizzle with balsamic and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Slice lamb and serve with potato salad.
Time for preparing:55 min. PT55M
- 750g easy carve lamb forequarter roast (shoulder)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 70g piece chargrilled red capsicum, halved (see note 1)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 600g chat potatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 bunch watercress, cut into small sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 60g Danish feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar