How to Make:
- Place 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds in a mortar and pound with a pestle until crushed. Transfer to a glass or ceramic dish. Stir in the garlic, soy sauce, oil and 2 tablespoons of the sushi seasoning. Add the beef and toss to coat. Cover. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise and remaining sushi seasoning in a bowl. Add the lettuce, cabbage, radish, carrot and remaining sesame seeds.
- Heat a barbecue flat plate on high. Spray with oil. Cook the onion for 1-2 minutes. Add beef and cook for 2-3 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Top beef with extra sesame seeds. Serve with coleslaw.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 40g (1/4 cup) sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sushi seasoning
- 500g beef rump or sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 65g (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, cored, finely shredded
- 6 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- Olive oil spray
- 2 brown onions, cut into thin wedges
- Sesame seeds, extra, toasted, to serve