How to Make:
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and eggplant is golden. Add tomato and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato pasta sauce. Bring to the boil. Stir in olives. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Add pasta and basil. Gently toss to combine. Serve pasta sprinkled with ricotta and basil leaves.
Time for preparing:12 min. PT12M
- 375g large shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, thinly sliced
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 100g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- Extra baby basil leaves, to serve