How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Lightly grease a 7cm-deep, 11 x 21cm loaf pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang over the 2 long sides.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the maple syrup, almond milk, oil, water and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Stir in the mashed banana. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve drizzled with extra maple syrup and sprinkled with cacao nibs, if you like.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 310g (2 cups) spelt flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 180ml (2/3 cup) maple syrup, plus extra, to drizzle
- 125ml (1/2 cup) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Cacao nibs, to sprinkle (optional)