How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a square 20cm baking pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Whisk together the flour, almond meal, and coconut in a large bowl. Add the oil, syrup and zest. Use a large metal spoon to mix until combined. Press into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside for 30 minutes or until cooled completely.
- Scoop the solid part from the coconut cream (it will be a bit over half the can) and transfer to a bowl. Discard the coconut water left in the can. Add the maple syrup. Use electric beaters or a stick blender to whip the cream until smooth. Pour over the prepared base. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the icing has set. Sprinkle with coconut and extra lemon zest. Keep in the fridge.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 165g (1 1/3 cups) gluten-free plain flour
- 55g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut, plus extra, toasted, to top
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, plus extra lemon zest, to serve Coconut icing
- 400ml can coconut cream, placed in the fridge overnight (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup