How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line twelve 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place all of the cupcake ingredients in a food processor. Process for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and process for a further 5-10 seconds or until combined.
- Divide mixture among the prepared cases. Bake for 17 minutes or until just cooked through and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, process all the ingredients in a clean food processor, scraping down the sides with a spatula if necessary, until smooth and combined.
- Use a small palette knife or spatula to spread the icing onto the cooled cupcakes.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 130g hazelnut meal
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 45g (5 tablespoons) raw cacao or dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia extract powder (optional)
- 100g gluten-free chocolate hazelnut spread, homemade or store-bought (see tips)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pure maple syrup
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cow's milk or almond milk
- 2 eggs Choc-hazelnut icing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, deseeded
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup
- 40g (1/3 cup) raw cacao or dark cocoa powder
- 80g (1/4 cup) chocolate hazelnut spread