How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Grease and line an 8cm x 19cm loaf pan (base measurements) with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal, salt and bicarbonate in a large bowl. Stir through dried fruit and pistachios. Whisk eggs, oil, vanilla and rind in a large jug until combined. Stir egg mixture through almond mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Level top with a spatula. Decorate with almonds.
- Bake for 50 minutes (covering loosely with foil if over-browning) or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes. Lift cake onto a wire rack and stand until cooled.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup prunes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut in half
- 1/2 cup pistachios, cut in half
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- Raw almonds, to decorate