How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced), line a 12 hole 80ml (1/3 cup) capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, cacao and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the stevia and stir to combine. Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and macadamia oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir through the chopped chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared muffins holes. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile to make the icing, place the avocado and cacao in a food processor. Process until completely smooth. Add a few drops stevia to taste. Spread icing over the cooled muffins.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 225 (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cacao powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 80g (1/2 cup) stevia for baking
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 100ml macadamia oil
- 50g sugar free milk chocolate, chopped Chocolate avocado icing
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, sifted
- Liquid stevia, to taste