How to Make:
- Whisk flour, yeast, sugar, milk and 3/4 cup warm water in a bowl until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap. Leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour 30 minutes or until light and foamy (see Notes).
- Place 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Brush egg rings with oil. Place in pan. Heat over medium heat until hot (see Notes). Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each ring. Cook for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn crumpets over and remove rings. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing rings with oil between each batch.
- Serve crumpets with butter and jam.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Butter, to serve
- Gluten-free jam, to serve