How to Make:
- Combine the milk, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Place the flour in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in yeast mixture, egg and butter. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Brush a large bowl with oil to grease. Place the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Punch down the centre of the dough with your fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 minutes or until dough is elastic and has returned to original size. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out dough to a 30 x 45cm rectangle, about 1cm thick. Sprinkle over pecans and one-third of the chocolate, leaving a 2cm border. Starting with the long side closest to you, firmly roll up dough to form a log. Cut crossways into 2.5cm slices and place, cut-side up, 5cm apart, on the prepared tray. Use the palm of your hand to flatten slices slightly. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 30 minutes or until almost doubled in size.
- Brush scrolls with extra egg. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and scrolls sound hollow when tapped on base. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Place the remaining chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). Stir until chocolate melts. Drizzle scrolls evenly with chocolate to serve.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 250ml (1 cup) warm milk
- 1 tablespoon (14g/2 sachets) dried yeast
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 450g (3 cups) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 40g butter, softened
- Olive oil, to grease
- 125g (1 cup) pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked, extra