How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 10cm x 24cm loaf pan and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and lime rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and coconut and stir to combine. Add the sour cream and lime juice and stir to combine. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon one-third of the sour cream mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Spoon over half the jam and gently spread to smooth. Continue layering with remaining sour cream mixture and jam, finishing with sour cream mixture. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins before transferring the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the raspberry-lime icing, strain the raspberries through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Add the icing sugar and enough lime juice to the raspberry in the bowl to make a runny paste. Use a flat-bladed knife to spread the mixture over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Set aside for 30 mins to set.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Cut into slices to serve.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 250g butter
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 125g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam Raspberry-lime icing
- 10g fresh or frozen raspberries, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups (240g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 tbs lime juice